Tuesday 3 September 2019

Simple drawing of shapes for cards

Welcome to Pensive Pensioner - I love seeing the cards that you and others make.  Yes we do have The Range in our town, I must be one of their best customers 😁  Admittedly, I do more browsing than buying, so perhaps not one of their best, hehe.  The one thing I do buy quite often in there is their sheets of gold, silver and bronze stick on letters, so useful.  They have good sale bits too, sometimes - the gold patterned organza I used to make the wedding card bag was just £1 for a roll in their sale bin.

Thanks for the lovely comments, it's wonderful to get nice comments on my cards from seasoned experienced crafters.  I do think I have an aptitude for cardmaking and design, one which came as a complete surprise to me, I honestly had no idea I could do it as I've never thought of myself as being artistic.  I didn't do any crafty type courses at school - needlework I gave up as soon as possible as I both hated and was useless at it.  Never even tried art, didn't interest me at all.  I did take Technical Drawing for a year....but that was because the male teacher had long wavy blonde hair and looked like a rock star!  Oh, and the class was all boys, other than 1 more girl 😁😂

Anyway, here's my three latest cards:-




The vase and stalks/leaves on the middle one I drew and cut out, I like the look of them and will do them often, I think.  I know you can buy sheets of vases/pots/ewers etc, but when they're so easy to do yourself there's not much point in spending the money.  

I learn something every time I make a card.  The first card with the stamped butterflies on it is sort of shiny cardstock, the aqua card stuck on the front is heavy textured card.  Ink stamps take forever to dry on the shiny card!  I think you can get fixing spray, can't you?  I just blot them with tissue, but they still take ages to dry and smudge very easily.

The cards I've made so far have nearly all been feminine ones, I must start thinking up a few male ones.

4 comments:

  1. All lovely! I'm not sure what to do for a male based card. Buttons, perhaps?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pigment ink generally seems to take ages but dye ink should be quicker. I use my heat gun to help but it still takes ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there....Stazon ink pads are for shiny materials. They come in many colours but I mainly use black for stamped sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome polite comments, ideas, help and constructive criticism. If you don't have a Google account, please give your name at the end of your comment. Spam or anonymous comments with no name given won't be published. Thank you for reading.