Monday 9 September 2019

Layered card and a simple Get Well card

Thanks for the info Hazel, I'll have a look at that stamping gadget.  I'm definitely getting better with practise.  

This morning I made 2 cards, firstly a layered one using several different papers, patterned and plain:-



I really like the look of cards with layered mixed and matched tops, think I'll be doing lots of those in the future.

The second one was a very simple get well card, using pictures cut out of one of the cheap calendars I bought the other day:-


For a dog lover, obviously.

Seeing and buying the calendars at 2 for a pound (I bought 4) was a great idea, loads of potential card topper pictures at a really cheap price.  Obviously each calendar has 12 large pictures, each the size of a 6"x 6" card, plus another dozen small ones and 1 bigger (the ones I used on the card above) on the back cover, so excellent value.  They were from The Works, if anyone's interested, lots of different styles.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen some lovely cards made by cutting up a Yorkshire tea box and using the pictures as toppers. Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas. I did ask before Sooze, what glue do you use to stick the backing sheets on?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome polite comments, ideas, help and constructive criticism. If you don't have a Google account, please give your name at the end of your comment. Spam or anonymous comments with no name given won't be published. Thank you for reading.