Friday 13 September 2019

Starting on Christmas cards

The craft shop was very nice, run by a lovely lady.  However, there's quite a small cardcraft section, it's mostly yarn, quilting and sewing things.  I did get a couple of Christmas stamp sheets and some Xmas stickers though, so it wasn't a wasted journey, husband took me to The Range to get the ink pads I needed.

I've spent some time yesterday and today cutting out and stamping a lot of Christmas sentiments, and made my first ever Christmas card - a simple one but am quite pleased with it:-

do you recognise the topper, Angie?

The sentiments toppers and practising stamping Christmas trees:-




I have everything I need to make lots of nice Christmas cards - well, any sort of card, actually, thanks to several lovely bloggers sending me supplies, and stocking up on mostly very reasonable stuff in a variety of stores, including some charity shops.  I have some ideas for festive cards and will make a start on them tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas card is very nice, neat and colourful.
    Looking forward to seeing some more.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooze, your Christmas card is fantastic! A good use of the paper I sent you ;) stamping is a definite art too and I think the more you use a stamp the better the image becomes. Would love to see more x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, don't the hours go so quickly when you're card making. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome polite comments, ideas, help and constructive criticism. If you don't have a Google account, please give your name at the end of your comment. Spam or anonymous comments with no name given won't be published. Thank you for reading.