Thursday 5 September 2019

Layering using patterned papers

Today's card for Mum, using some of the papers that came free with the magazine I bought yesterday, and a plain aqua background:-


The idea for the design came from one in the magazine, I adapted it to suit my own thoughts.  

I learn something new every day.....edging the topper shapes with a felt tip pen in a coordinating or contrasting colour really finishes things off.

The magazine had some designs for stamped cards, which have given me some ideas of my own to try out.

I learnt a new crafting term as well - 'fussy cutting'.  I had to google it, but it appears it just means cutting around designs!  (The peacock on the above card, e.g., which was on a big sheet of several peacocks).  Who knew!

4 comments:

  1. What do you stick things on with, in particular the background papers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty card, I'm sure your mum will love it. I like edging bits of mine too. I have a big collection of Pro-markers, amassed over the years, and use them to blend in the white edges of anything I have printed out on computer; titles, sentiments etc

    ReplyDelete

I welcome polite comments, ideas, help and constructive criticism. If you don't have a Google account, please give your name at the end of your comment. Spam or anonymous comments with no name given won't be published. Thank you for reading.