Saturday 31 August 2019

Making good use of cheap cardstock

Here's the latest couple of cards I've made:-



They're quite simple ones, but I choose toppers and backing card and stickers that are bright and colourful, so Mum can see them better.

I'm getting on better with the cheap (and thus lightweight) cardstock I bought now, having found better ways of sticking things on the front.  I was mainly using glue before, which just made the cards warp and bend, now I use double sided tape for large toppers.  I do use large toppers and coloured card on all the fronts now, it gives stability to the cheap cardstock.  Inside, I use inserts or patterned paperstock, to make the back of the card firmer.  Having bought 2 packs of cheap cardstock, I'm not going to throw it away!  I'm learning all the time, and it's such fun!

Husband bought me a set of stamps yesterday, a wooden handle with a magnetic base, along with about 20 small magnet-backed square tile stamps with various pictures and symbols on them.  The pack came with 2 small ink pads, one black and one red....the black one is fine but the red one was dry!  Never mind, I guess that's why it was such a good price, and I do have several other ink pads anyway.  I've been practising my stamping techniques, getting better all the time.

I'm so glad I started this hobby, I love it.

5 comments:

  1. The cards are lovely and you're getting so much pleasure and fun from it all. I'm really glad you started too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely hobby for you Sue and you are really very good at it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try adding a little water to the dry ink pad. You might get some prints from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just found this new blog of yours Sooze! Your cards are lovely. I've been making cards for more than 20 years and still get a lot of pleasure from doing so. BTW I always use double sided tape to layer up and stick on embellishments as I'm quite certain then that they will stay in place. It's quite cheap at The Range too if you have one near you. Stamping isn't my forte but I would love to see your makes x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome polite comments, ideas, help and constructive criticism. If you don't have a Google account, please give your name at the end of your comment. Spam or anonymous comments with no name given won't be published. Thank you for reading.