Tuesday 17 September 2019

A craft room!

Thank you Tania and Angie for your comments on my stamped trees.  I am getting better at stamping, but still lots of practise needed.  Angie, the snowman came about to cover up a mistake!  When I first stamped the trees, part of that particular tree didn't come out, I didn't put enough pressure on that side, so there was a gap.  I couldn't stamp back over it, I'd never get it lined up correctly, but then I thought oh hang on, I've got a snowman stamp that's just the right size to cover that up!

I've quickly discovered that mistakes can be rectified or disguised by covering them up with stamps or stickers, or simply turning the paper over and using the other side, or even making a feature of the mistake!

Crafting is on hold for a few days.....which will suit my poorly back anyhow!  My work station up till now has been the landing, on a small desk....it has to be small to fit the space, but it's too small really, both the desk and the area.  As I've acquired more stuff, I need more storage space, and the desktop is too small when I'm in full crafting mode and have lots of card bits and equipment spread out, have to put some on the floor which Betty takes a great deal of interest in, sniffing and standing on it (perhaps I could put ink on her pads for authentic paw prints on cards!).

After some deliberation, I decided I would use the small spare bedroom as a craft room.  It still needs to have a single bed in, for visitors, which meant some rearranging and a bit of construction work for husband.  He also had the bright idea of building a wooden surround for the back and side of my desk, to make the surface area bigger, there's just about enough space in that little room to do that.  It also means the 3-tier wooden paper rack husband made me a few months back can sit on my desk without taking up so much room, and I can have a large shelf to hold supplies as well.  Extending the surface area of my desk was a brilliant idea, saves the expense of buying a new bigger desk (he already had some nice wood) and I really like my little desk anyway.  Hopefully, the room should be completed today.

3 comments:

  1. How lovely to have your own little craft room. I'm sure you will make some beautiful things in it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely having your own room for crafting, a perfect winter retreat for you, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a room is perfect but alas I have a box! I think having a room enables you to keep practicing, you can jus go to it when you feel in the creative mood. I have to get stuff out and put it away. I suppose I could use the dining room. Love the engagement card very effective.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome polite comments, ideas, help and constructive criticism. If you don't have a Google account, please give your name at the end of your comment. Spam or anonymous comments with no name given won't be published. Thank you for reading.