Tuesday 20 August 2019

Cardmaking by an enthusiastic amateur

Welcome to my new cardmaking blog....now I've finally had the time to set it up, and after some initial troubles trying to get the header picture to load.  I tried a few and they were all too big or not positioned right, and I couldn't remember or work out how to resize or crop them.  Typical blonde stuff....doesn't bode well for a blog that should ideally contain lots of pictures! 😂😒

The engagement card pictured above is one of the first cards I made, it was well received, thankfully.

I'd first of all like to say thank you to Hazel, Cherie, Marlene J and Ann for being so kind as to send me lots of cardmaking supplies, so thoughtful of you all.  And to the rest of you lovely cardmaking ladies, for all the advice, tips and encouragement, thanks to all of you.

I haven't remembered to take photos of every card I've made, although will endeavour to do it from now on.  Here's a few photos that I have taken, though:-


This was the card I made for my nephew's wedding, it's my favourite card so far.  I made the tissue paper flowers on the front, tied them with a gold bow (I changed the bow for a different ribbon eventually) and stuck them on the front of the card.  Which then meant that the card wouldn't fit in an envelope, so I made a little bag out of gold organza material:-


The little present I wrapped in the same organza and made a gift tag from the same design paper I'd used on the card front.

I also decorated the back and the inside of the card:-



I made this next card for our friends to say thanks for looking after Betty last week:-


I spent an afternoon recently making some quick basic birthday, thanks and get well cards, to be personalised as and when they're needed.  Here's 3 of them, I made 6 altogether:-


I think that's enough for now!

9 comments:

  1. The wedding cards are so elegant and the bag idea for the 'envelope' was ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful wedding card you made. It's lovely and the bag you made to hold adds to the elegance. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a brilliant idea to put your wedding card in an handmade organza bag! The matching gift wrap and tag makes it so special. It's a good idea to prep some cards ready for personalisation. Looking forward to seeing your future cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sue, well done, everything looks so professional, what lucky recipents. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's here. Great, thanks for the link.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a natural - such a lovely touch with the organza bag - quite unique. Looking forward to more of your designs. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite artistic-love the cards

    ReplyDelete

I welcome polite comments, ideas, help and constructive criticism. If you don't have a Google account, please give your name at the end of your comment. Spam or anonymous comments with no name given won't be published. Thank you for reading.