Thursday 29 August 2019

Cards for Mum, and Flowersoft

Welcome to my first followers on this new blog, and thank you for the encouraging comments and suggestions.  All helpful suggestions welcome!

I've decided to make and send my Mum a couple of cards a week....the few I've sent so far she really likes, and I can give her a little bit of our news each time.

Here's the one I sent yesterday:-



and two I've made this morning:-



Mum can't see very well, she's almost blind in one eye and has limited sight in the other, so sis or bro will have to read the cards out to her.  She's able to see the front of the cards with her magnifying glass though.   I get such a lot of pleasure out of making them.

A few weeks back I found a video about floral cardmaking in a charity shop, it only cost £1.  Well, it turned out to be a promotional and instructional video for a product called FlowerSoft, I expect lots of you crafters have heard of it.  I was intrigued by it, I love the look of the little sprays of flowers you can make, and you can also use it for sprinkling onto cards to make snow or add definition to flowers and trees, e.g.  

I sent off for a couple of packets of the powder - they weren't the real deal, but a cheaper alternative found online, just to try it out, as it's a bit expensive.  I also got some florists wire and a bottle of extra-strong PVA clear-drying glue, and had a go at making some little sprays of flowers.  It didn't turn out exactly like the video, but is ok for a first attempt and with practise I'm sure will be fine.  It's another card skill and design to add to my ever-growing repertoire.  When I've had some more practise, I'll put some photos on.

1 comment:

  1. Those cards are lovely and tactile. Perfect for someone will not so good vision.
    Practise makes perfect may be a saying but there's a lot of truth in it and I look forward to seeing the results.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome polite comments, ideas, help and constructive criticism. If you don't have a Google account, please give your name at the end of your comment. Spam or anonymous comments with no name given won't be published. Thank you for reading.